XP home edition restarts w/ bsod 0xD1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramen92

My comp restarts randomly, i believe it is related to the internet but not sure.. I have included 3 minidumps for troubleshooting. I have tried removing my firewall, uninstalling uneccessary programs, and reinstalling drivers, but it did not fix it. Can someone troubleshoot my minidumps?

Thanks in advance!
ramen92

I THINK its fixed, thanks so much

wait.. no its not fixed, i just got a bsod that said
-----------------------------------
BLUE SCREEN
hardware malfunction

call your hardware vendor for support

*the system has halted*

-----------------------------------

anyone have any ideas to fix this kind of error? i have gotten it before and i think its related to my sound, but i have no idea. Thanks.

Inside the two mini dump files:

BugCheck 100000D1, {41, 2, 8, 41}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RtkHDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RtkHDAud.sys

Unable to load image RtkHDAud.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RtkHDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RtkHDAud.sys

Fault caused by Realtek audio driver
Please look HERE and download/install

Post back with how it went

You may want to confirm that sound is enabled in Bios (setup menu when the computer starts up)

yea. im pretty sure sound is enabled. im listening to music right now lol. ill still check tho. also, should i get the drivers u linked or should i get the ones on the realtek site, which seem to be more updated. thanks so much for the help :)

My computer restarted and gave me a 0x7E error when installing the most up to date, hd realtek drivers on the realtek.com.tw site. I will attach the minidump. Now i will try and install the drivers that you listed from techspot.

Inside the minidump file:

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, b5fee652, bacff9f0, bacff6ec}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys

Um Same issue

Did you try the TechSpot drivers

You may want to rmove all the old ones first in add/remove programs

Also I may be away for a little (good timing hey !)
But I'll be back, so please reply, and if you need to reply again use Edit instead of replying to your own reply (does that make sense ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back