Xp home installation problems, =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this so bare with me and let me know if i make any sense lol, lately when i use my recovery disc to reinstall windows xp home sp1, it creates a list of files to be copied to the system with no problems (except its slow) but its not that which bothers me, after it formats,it starts copying the files to the system but then i get messages with different files that say, filename - is not a valid windows xp system image file, press enter to retry
press esc to skip file or f3 to quit set up, retry works with some files and not with others, if i turn my Pc off for awhile then try reinstalling xp home again the setup works, but when windows starts i get alot of problems and get told to run chkdsk, which i do, after that my Pc seems fine until i need to reinstall xp again.

Is there nothing i can do to stop all this from happening as it leaves me without a computer for a few hours.

any help is appreciated, thank you.

How old is the hard drive? It could be failing. I would try a different hard drive. Or when you reinstall WIndows, delete the current partition, repartition the drive and do a full format in NTFS. Make sure only the memory, cd drive, hard drive and video card are connected to the computer, no other peripherals and see if that works.

The pc is relatively new i think i've had it around 5 months, i'll try your suggestions and see what happens.

thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back