XP INSTALL ERROR "setup did not find any hard disk drivess installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am really new to the world of hardware, all I am trying to do is Reformat my computer and reinstall windows, but it says that it can't complete the install because it can't find the HDD, I am running 2 WD S-ATA 74GB 10k rpm drives at Raid 0 if that helps....

Haha I am new and trying to delve into the world of hardware and system bios and things so I am slightly retarded and may not understand what you are saying....

BUT PLEASE HELP my comp is now trashed cause I got all crazy deleting things thinking it would help hahahahahah

Thanks

Is this a boxed XP and full version cd ?
I just did mine with some help from Microsoft.
I have a WD Sata2,But didn't use Raid drivers the 2nd time.
I might be able to post directions.
OEM's have limits.

Honestly I don't remember I just have the boot cd, I got it probably 6 years ago with a package up PC I bought from Comp USA or BestBuy or something like that. I have had the CD forever and used it on my new PC when I got it built so I wouldn't have to buy it again. It's worked fine up until the day I decided to do something myself (yesterday and today) and reformat.

Your main problem in my opinion is you need to hit F6 when prompted to install SATA/RAID controller drivers. You'll need a floppy drive for this procedure. If you don't have a floppy, you can still make a slipstream CD with your Windows CD and the proper SATA/RAID drivers. As long as you are doing this you might as well go to the motherboard's website and download the latest versions (using another PC, of course). Google for the steps necessary to make a slipstream CD.

Cool thank you, I appreciate it... however like I said I am a totally new to this so I am not really sure how to go about getting the windows cd and proper drivers on a CD

Also i don't know what you mean by latest motherboard version...like a driver as well?

Sorry haha I guess I really meant it when I said I was new eh?

Try this,Put the XP disc in a rom drive.
Restart your computer and at the first page,type F8 maybe a few times.
You should get an option of what to boot from.
The hard drive or
the drive with the cd in it.
Choose the cd drive to run The XP disc.
This worked for me,but i have an XP disc i bought this year with SP2.
You'll have to add SP2 later.
If this installs Windows do an Update as soon as your video is ok.
XP drivers are ok at this time.

Thats a no go Zipperman, Thanks though....I think mailpup has got it...i just don't know how to follow his direction, so that causes a bit of a problem. Oi, the struggles of learning haha.

By Windows version I meant Windows 2000, XP SP2 or Vista or whatever. You probably have Windows XP (SP2 I hope). If so, if you can borrow or buy an floppy drive (internal, not an external USB), it would make things sooo much easier. They are very inexpensive.

If you can't use a floppy drive, you can use a slipstream CD. Basically, you burn the contents of the Windows CD and the appropriate SATA/RAID driver on the same CD so the Windows installation goes without a hitch. I've always had a floppy so I've never had to do this myself. That's why I suggested that you google for the procedure on how to slipstream Windows XP and SATA/RAID drivers together. In fact, if you have a plain Windows XP disk and don't have a Windows XP SP2 disk, you can slipstream SP2 in as well. Of course, you have to download it or get the SP2 CD first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back