[XP] install probs after first booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

raz0r

ok i have a really crazy problem

when i am installing windows xp (bootable cd) and formatting my drive , copying the drivers after the first reboot i get a error:

Code:
WIndows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem 
could not read from the selected bootdisk. Check the path and disk hardware.
Please check the windows documitation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

or
Code:
WIndows could not start because of the following ARC firmware boot configuration problem 
did not properly generate arc name for HAL and systempaths.
Please check windows documutation about ARC configuration

i dont know why this error comes my 40 gig HDD is set as primary master secondary is my dvd rom

i have the following system:

amd anthlon 1,01 ghz
soltek kav-75 mainboard
768 mb sdram pc133
40 gig HDD exelstor
Riva tnt2 32MB

can anyone help me out please?
many thanks for the help

greetings

Hey,

I had exactly the same problem when installing Windows 98 SE over Windows 95. I just reformatted and made sure the hdd was correctly partition and had the correct file system.

You formatted within the windows setup?
Can you get hold of a boot disk for it? (make sure it's the same version H/P) so that you can check the file system is ok and checking Boot.ini for correct paths to system files.

Personally i'd probly just recommend starting again..

Boot off a floppy run FDISK and make sure file system and partition is correct and then i'd reformat and install off cd again.

I hope this helps, im still a little confused too!

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back