XP Modem conflict on Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

Hi there

I know there is a conflict with XP Pro and Modems on a desktop pc. However I have just reloaded my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M7405 Notebook with XP Pro and it does not want to detect my internal modem which is a Smartlink 56k modem. I have loaded and reloaded the drivers, from the cd and from the file I downloaded from Fujistu's website. I thought maybe because it an onboard modem I should try reloading the chipsets and mobo drivers but I cannot come to a solution. Can someone please help me!!!!

Thanx

Have a look in Device Manager to see if it is there, if re-install driver. If not try running the New Hardware wizard and select manual install a nd go to modem and tick 'have disk' and install your drivers.

Hey There

I have tried this, the device manager has no modems, even if i scan for new devices. When I try installing new hardware it goes through the steps, after I select the .inf file which is the driver it accepts it and when you click next theres no modems to choose from. I've tried with different drivers as well. I have even right clicked on the .inf file and selected install....nope, doesn't work. I also thought maybe its disabled in the BIOS since its onboard but there is no settings for it!!! Whats the next steps???

Thanx A Lot for the help IronDuke

That didnt work either, I've got a feeling the modem might be faulty, its just that it was working before I reloaded XP so I thought there might be a software or driver conflict. The notebook is still under warranty so I'm going to take it back to Siemens for them to fix it. But thanx for the help I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back