XP not recognising SATA HDD on Install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The CPU is recognised (relief) but there are a couple of other problems. I previously had a Shuttle SN95G5 which I RMA'd due to cold boot issues - I moved to the Asus MoBo for my new system - same components otherwise.

1. Windows XP installation cannot find the HDD - but if I let the unit boot without the CD it finds the HDD starts to load windows and crashes. I'm assuming the crash is 'cos the XP installation is from the Shuttle - so I was going for a clean install.

2. Boot message "No drive attached to Fasttrack: The bios is not installed" - any clues here.

3. I've got the SATA on channel 1 not channel 0(Master), Could this be why Windows cannot see it ? ( My next step is to try this).

Cheers,

MT

You need to provide the Windows installation program with the SATA drivers. You are prompted during the install loadup to press F6 to load additional drivers. Insert the floppy with SATA drivers.

it also depends on de xp version.if u have like atleast Sp1 it obviously wil work/see yo Hdd.winxp Sp2 far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back