xp - outlook express 6.0 and .pst files

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidabiri

hi there,
i have a family member who copied her .pst files from outlook express, when she turned her office laptop in. she has the files on a cd. how can these be imported back into outlook express. i have opened outlook express and when import is selected, it says "no messages found".
any ideas?

thanks peddant,
i think it's working. here's what i did:
i imported the .pst file into outlook. all the messages seem to be ok. now, how do i get them into outlook express? do i export from outlook as a file? in which case it would be a .pst file, which outlook express doesn't like. OR do i tell outlook to just shove them into outlook express? this has helped me a lot. i know i can forward the messages from out look to here mailbox, but there are 257 of them.
thanks again.

Microsoft sometimes don`t make things easy - good luck.

From here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q176267/
How to Import PST Files
To import messages from an existing Exchange or Outlook client PST, follow these steps.

1.Open Outlook Express, on the File menu point to Import, and then click Messages.
2.In the "Select an email client to import from" box, click the appropriate mail client, Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook, and then click Next.
3.Click Next, and then in the Profile Name box, click the Profile name from which to import the PST, and then click OK.
4.In the Select Folders box, choose All Folders, or to import specific folders, choose Selected Folders, and then click the folder that you want to import into Outlook Express. NOTE: If you choose Selected Folders and want to import more than one folder, press and hold the SHIFT key and then click each folder you want to import.
5.Click Finish.
You can now view messages that were located in your Microsoft Exchange PST or Microsoft Outlook PST in the Local Folders folder in Outlook Express.

This might be useful,or not - http://www.mailnavigator.com/reading_ms_outlook_pst_files.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back