Xp pro blue screen- help me finally finish half life 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxctypo

Ive been getting some blue screens over the past year, usually when playing a video game or flash game- my computer heats up a bit and thats how I know its near crashing. I finally reinstalled windows and the blue screens continue, so I'm finally looking for help...

error is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e) with win32k.sys. I updated my video card drivers last night and now am getting the one im more used to- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) from RtkHDAud.sys.

Can anyone help? Im really lost and have no idea what to do anymore...

Heat increase is normal when gaming because it puts a load on your video card (and other components) which increases system temperature. Excessive heat will cause autonmatic shutdowns in order to prevent damage. It doesn't sound like you are having excessive heat but just in case check to see if all fans are working.

Two of your minidumps are pointing two RealTek audio drivers: RtkHDAud.sys and Rtenicxp.sys. You're the third person in two days to post issues concerning crahes and this driver has come up. All are gamers and all play WoW. Do you play WoW?

Update your drivers.

I dont play WOW, and my drivers are the latest version- I updated them all from the manuf. site when I reinstalled windows 3 days ago, same problem keeps happening. I have latest lan, wifi, video and sound drivers. I really have no idea what else to do; but I checked the fans and all work

Driver cited is avg7rsxp.sys which is a driver for the process AVG Resident Anti-Virus Shield. Many people experience issues with this AVG driver. I am sure they have a fix for this at the Grisoft website. Most likely you need to update your drivers.

zxctypo said:
thats brand new as of 2 days ago...

It doesn't matter. When I built my rig 2 years ago I installed Sunbelt's firewall. Everything was new and you should have seen the BSOD nightmares that firewall caused me.

It was here months later that someone read my minidump showed me it was one driver of my firewall that was responsible for the crashes.

Your latest minidump is a 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Ive been getting alot of errors in the event viewer relating to paging files:

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

My D drive is a cd, but my first hard disk is at C:\.... How can i repair a page file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back