Xp Pro Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Xp Pro on my comp, last week I had windows 98se. My problem is that I can't get my gforce card to work. My comp keeps freezing. When I go and reboot my system I can't logon to windows. There is nothing wrong with my card it is new and I used it fine with 98se, when I take out the graphics card it begins to work and I can log to windows. I have updated the drivers for the graphics card and when I went to reboot I couldn't get back in kepted restarting. I disabled my onboard graphics still nothing. Please can anyone try and help me. My power supply is brand new it is 400 watt have 512 ram and 733 mega hertz processor my motherboard which I got 1 year ago was new in the box and it is a soyo 7SIA+ 815 chipset. My comp ran like a dream with 98se for some reason it is not taking to xp pro. :(

Have you run windows update, and gotten all current updates, as well as run a virus scan?

A fresh install of XP frequently has holes, and it's pretty likely these days you'll get a virus quickly without patches....

Try booting into safe mode. When there, go into My Computer properties, under Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Uncheck the box that says "Automatically restart" underneath "System Failure."

Now when your computer crashes, write down the information from the blue screens, and let us know what it says...

PS- Welcome to Techspot!

Originally posted by Goalie
Have you run windows update, and gotten all current updates, as well as run a virus scan?

A fresh install of XP frequently has holes, and it's pretty likely these days you'll get a virus quickly without patches....

Try booting into safe mode. When there, go into My Computer properties, under Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Uncheck the box that says "Automatically restart" underneath "System Failure."

Now when your computer crashes, write down the information from the blue screens, and let us know what it says...

PS- Welcome to Techspot!
Yes I have all the updates that I needed. I had to reformat three times cause of xp. I have took the card out and installed it back removed old driver and installed new drivers, restarted her and I got the windows screen and I see the lines going to load xp and then it freezes I get no messages. :( I took the card out and here I am. I am getting so upset never had this problem with 98se :(

Sorry, I can't tell which one would work and which not, other than that Detonator 3x.xx series were meant for GeForce3 cards. Newer versions contain the support too.

You might also need the latest drivers for your mainboard chipset, they can be found here.

No offense, but was there a good reason to upgrade to XP, when 98SE worked fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back