XP Pro Media Edition wont boot past the windows logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what it is doing. It loads the windows XP Pro logo screen, the blue bar moves like normal then it just freezes up and does nothing, no matter how long i leave it to try.
I have done EVERYTHING i can think of. I have Repaired windows, I have defragmented, I have ran a Registry fixer I have ran the sector fixing tool (though I don't have enough money to buy the full version). I FINALLY got it to boot up into safe mode, but it takes a really long time. I have also tried closing all the non essential start up items.
I am absolutely pulling my hair out. I have a Seagate 200 gb and a Maxtor 40 gb. The Seagate is my master drive and the Maxtor is the slave. I had to load windows onto Maxtor so that i could get on the internet to find help for my master drive. I could, of course, back up all my files, would take a LONG time, and reformat it, but i REALLLLLLY don't want to do that.
Any ideas on what i could try now?

these are all the errors that stuck out. All the errors in the event log are from when i logged in to safe mode, So i guess windows wont even load far enough to log the errors when i try to start windows normaly.

Under Application:

Unable to open the Redirector service. Redirector performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

and

Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

in the system:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Aavmker4
AFD
AmdK7
aswTdi
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip
WS2IFSL

and

The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:

im not sure if these errors might just be normal Safe mode errors or not.

also, i enabled boot logging so i could see exactly what it was doing, and this is what i got (mind you, it only would log when I booted up in Safe Mode. For what ever reason it wouldnt record the boot - or rather the atempted boot in normal mode)

http://tezufuji.com/2.txt

In comparison, what it SHOULD look like to boot in safe mode

http://tezufuji.com/1.txt

Just the quick and dirty method, have you tried using System Restore to revert your settings to a previous, happier time?

Actually, i learned a lesson in life: just because Windows is supposed to "automatically" save a place to restore to apparently doesn't mean it really does. Besides, now I have already ran a repair on windows and I have nothing to go back too.

With the driver load errors you're getting, I'd say its time to reinstall windows. You don't need to format your drive, you can just install on top of your current installation, however you may want to rename your documents and settings folder as windows will start making stuff up when it sees duplicate username folders.

that is a good idea! I hadnt thought about just installing windows over windows. Thank you very much. Ill get back to you to let you know how it worked. If THAT doesnt work then i know it's a hard ware problem, though Im sure that it isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back