XP Pro - Missing history on pulldowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwcomp

Hi Guys/Gals

As mentioned above I have XP Pro (SP1) with all updates installed. When I click on the address down arrow button in internet explorer, use the run command and any other feature that displays history it comes up blank.

Specifically, in internet explorer, there is just the home page in the pull down and when I manually go to other URL's using the address bar, it does get added to the pull down. However, if I restart my computer or shut down and turn it back on I'm back to the home page only displaying in the address pulldown. Incidentially, when I type a URL that I have used before, the pull down automatically appears and will display matches for it then.

As for the Run option on the start menu, it always comes up blank even though I know I've used the particular command before. I believe there is an option called "auto-complete". This also appears to be turned off. I wish to turn it back on.

It's as if a setting has been switched from on to off or true to false in the registry.

Anyone any ideas.

PS: I did have a demo version of TweakXP whcih I uninstalled. If my memory serves me well, it was about this time that all the history "disappeared".
:confused:

TweakXP is able to change a setting in Windows XP which can alter how it treats personal data on your computer.

Things like history get erased on each restart if this option is enabled.

The easiest thing for you to do is reinstall Tweak XP and change the option which controls this feature back to its original state.

Reinstalled Tweak XP, setting everything to what I think is the default for Windows XP and then uninstalling Tweak XP worked. Thanks Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back