XP PRO Thinks i wanna be on a network, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

i recently reformatd and all has been going well up until recently. the computer kept asking me for a password to get on ( this computer is for me and me only, i dint want any user accounts or anything like that) i got rid of that but then a acount called ASPNet was made (not by me. i disabled it an then anotehr accoutn was made called " Computer Administrator" an it wosnt me cuase my account is jus called James lol

Also when i hit ctrl alt del i dont get the usual task manager. i get a network style box, askin me wheter i wanna lock teh machine, go 2 taskbar, log out etc

And whats worse when i restarted a while ago, when i came back lots of my data had been removed and All my settings were back to stock settings (background, taskbar) .

This is very very frustrating and i hope someone knows how to fix it :blackeye:

Windows XP requires user accounts, regardless. ASPnet and Administrator are default windows accounts. (ASPnet shows up after you install the .NET framework).

Your PC is more secure in its current configuration. (requiring Ctrl-Alt-Del to logon) You can still get the task manager, by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Esc or Selecting it from the Ctrl-Alt-Del menu, or selecting it from the Taskbar context menu.

If your files are missing, its likely you've logged onto a different user account. If you logged in as administrator, try logging in as James, If you logged in as James, try logging in as Administrator.

You can also change the logon window through the User Accounts applet in the Control Panel. You can have it prompt with the Welcome screen instead.

yea but i'm wantng it the way it was lol the way i usually ahve it, whrere i dont have to actaully log on myself. and when i press ctrl alt del it actaully opens up the task manager. I jus want teh one account in the system lol thats the way im used to :rolleyes: im sure ive done this before but cannt remember how i fixed it. does anyone know how i can get it back to teh way i want it?

I was gonna jus delete those otehr accounts using right click my computer/manage/user an right clicking the accoutsn an jus deletein them. although would that mess thigns up?

Im jus wantin to get it all back to normal. I;m haveing a feeling im gonna have to format again, but even if i do i wanna know what the problemis so i dont do it again, but i cant really think of whati done cause ive formated with pro loasa times an this has never happened (well i think it did once but it wosnt as bad)

sorry for all teh questions :blush:

Don't reformat and leave all those accounts alone.
You can bypass the XP-login, so that it's always the same user that logs in automatically.
Click Start/Run and type control userpasswords2 and click OK.
Remove the tick next to "Users must enter a username and password..." and click Apply.
You'll be asked to type in the default login username (James in your case) and password (if any). Click OK twice.
Voila auto-login!

cheers m8, thats sorted teh logon but is there any way to get rid of the ctrl alt del window? so that when i press ctrlaltdel it jus opens up task manager instead of this daft window lol

also im now getting anotehr problem, i suppose i better not waste anotehr thread on it. whenever i start up im getting this message

fatal execution engine error (0x7927e03e)

an when i click ok on it i get this

(windo is headed " CLI.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging services"

Application has generated a exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x1ex (492), Thread id = 0x1f0 (496).

Click ok to terminate the application
Click cancel to debug the application "

--------
when i click cancel the window pops up again, an if i click cancel yet again it tells me sumfin about a debugger not working

Although if i click ok it jus buggers off lol

i went into msconfig to take this thing of startup incase that helped. an foudn that thats its actaully liked with my grafix drivers , its location wos

c:/program files/ ATI Technoligies/ ATI ace/ CLI.exe

i took it off from starting when the com started but that didnt help. i hope this is enuf info lol ne ideas about this an my evil ctrl alt del windo ? :unch:

thanx m8!!! thats fixed the networky thing windo when i press ctrl alt del :angel: Now jus for this otehr prob, might post it on anotehr thread if noone reats to this one :p

I suggest you get the latest graphics drivers from ATI or your graphics-card manufacturer, and do an uninstall/reinstall for them.

yea i think ill ahve to m8 cause i jus tryed to run my ATI Catylyst control centre an i got slapped with taht fatal error message again lolso ill ahve a bash at that. BTW thanx for your help guys btw , really have helped me out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back