XP; rename Admin. acct. & logon w/o typing password

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

How can you rename the administrator account without creating a new account w/ admin. privileges and then deleting the orginal admin. acct. OR using Group Policy Editor and hunting through that mess looking for:
Computer Config./Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/Accounts: Rename administrator account

Next; How can I logon w/o always retyping the password as you could in 2k?

Really like 2k better, way too much bloat even w/o the FP interface!

I don't think its very straightforward to rename the admin account without deleting it. I think you'd have to log in as another member of the administrators group and then delete the administrator account, recreate another account and then give that administrator group membership - or just continue to use your current login.

-Next; How can I logon w/o always retyping the password as you could in 2k?

TweakUI (a powertoy you can download from Microsoft) will enter the password for you on every boot up but remember that the password will be stored in the registry in clear text form.

-Really like 2k better, way too much bloat even w/o the FP interface!

Turn it off. That's the first thing I do.

Just a little Q...

If you rename the Administrator account, why would you want to delete it? When it's renamed, it's renamed. It won't be listed as "Administrator" anymore.

Please Help

I just finished school at Cornerstone, and when you finish you can keep the computer. Anyway I got here (aulstralia) and tried to change the domain to a Home. Now I can't long into my computer. I tried to go into the System, but it asks for an admin Key. I called Dell, and cornerstone and they said that I would have to ship it back first, I have no time or money to do that! anyway can anyone help me?

I had a siemens laptop once and i could not log in as admin either, i do not know why this worked for me but i just typed "user" into the name box at the login screen and no password and just clicked "login" and i was logged in as admin! i was able to change xp from domain to home where i could have that nice welcome screen :)

right click on my computer icon /left clck manage
go to local users groups
under users
the admin rename here open and enter same name or full name rather
I would rather have password enabled
the admin name should always be changed for security
if not these are just one more back door left open
I have been a big fan of W$K for a long time
I still have it on machine as dual boot have not used it in 2 months
xp pro will not crash no matter what I do HaHa

Status
Not open for further replies.