XP Repair Installation Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartjoe88

Hey guys,
I was repair installing Windows XP and it got stuck at 34 minutes. I disabled all USB devices but it still doesnt work. Any help?

I had problems with windows repair too, after a repair i relised windows corrupted all the data on my secondary hard drive, the only way i could fix that was by reformating both my primary and secondary hard drive which is a pain in the *****.

smartjoe88 said:
Hey guys,
I was repair installing Windows XP and it got stuck at 34 minutes. I disabled all USB devices but it still doesnt work. Any help?

Did it crash or just stop? and not move? Can you still access Windows? Did you restart during the installation? Were all perhiperals excepted essentails (eg Moniter, Keyboard, Mouse) disconnected?

You shouldn't use XP repair. It is, like the bulk of microsoft's helpful little tools: a mess.

Could you please tell me why you were attempting it in the first place? If you're worried about loosing data then I'd suggest you stop trying XP repair as you will loose things in the process. The best thing you can do in this case is back it up somehow. There are many and varied ways of doing this and I'll detail them if you like.

If you're not concerned about any of the data on your hard disk, then you should do a clean XP install re-formating as you go (though it doesn't appear to be an option to do otherwise in my experience).

Why did you disable USB?

I did a repair installation because I was missing a vital Windows component causing it to get BSODs off the hook.

Disabled USB because it's a pretty common problem for it to stop responding at 34 minutes. I stripped my PC down to the basics and it still stops.

The thing is that it sticks to "Setup will complete in approx. 34 minutes." The bars at the bottom still move, the installation still cycles through the "Reasons to switch to XP slides." It just doesnt get over the 34 minute mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back