xp repair lost programs in add remove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here's the problem. I did a repair of xp without deleting the gui_mode.txt file and although the original user is there in documents and settings windows logs on as a new user. I changed the reg key to point to the old user, that worked great. however I now go to add remove programs and its blank...is there any way to change that so my programs show or do i have to reinstall all the programs :(

Most probably the latter, I had a similar problem on another PC of mine after upgrading the OS. It shouldn't really matter thought, you can still uninstall programs via their normal uninstall file, or you can download regcleaner which has an add or remove programs built into it.

thanks for the quick response i'm new here and already pleased....does this reg cleaner rebuild the add remove programs list?? btw the programs still work to some extend just not 100%

I think so, my regcleaner picks up programs which arn't even available in the standard windows Add and Remover program :p It's also useful to remove unwanted registry information. If you want to check it out it's here

it does not look like it will auto populate the windows add remove programs....is there anyway to do that, that you know of?

I'm afraid not, sorry. I know it can be a bit annoying, i never use the programs standard uninstall, I always go to add or remove to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back