XP running real slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about starting with brand, model, age, component description of computer (memory, video graphics, hdd, audio) , combined with security installed, connection.

Sorry bout lack of info. New at this..

Computer: Micron Millinnea (around 2000-02) not sure
Symantec anti virus
500 Mhz
cable modem
not sure HD size 120 gig think
ran cleanup 312
ewido

I use it alot, but never been very good at the maintenance knowledge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry bout lack of info. New at this..

Computer: Micron Millinnea (around 2000-02) not sure
Symantec anti virus
500 Mhz
cable modem
not sure HD size 120 gig think
ran cleanup 312
ewido

I use it alot, but never been very good at the maintenance knowledge

Here is the Hijackthis.log. Any help would be awesome

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of boastercoaster only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are my files. I also have Windows defender error that comes up every reboot. If I don't need it I want to get rid of it or anything else.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Windows Defender
K-litePro

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Shareaza Web Download Hook - {0EEDB912-C5FA-486F-8334-57288578C627} - C:\Program Files\K-litePro\Plugins\RazaWebHook.dll

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {3BFFE033-BF43-11D5-A271-00A024A51325} (iNotes6 Class) - https://myemail.johnsoncontrols.com/iNotes6W.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\K-litePro
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of boastercoaster only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Followed your instructions

The computer does seem to be running better, but is still slow in windows explorer. There seems to be a lot of Yahoo stuff. BHO and extra buttons. Are these slowing things down maybe. I think when I installed voice messenger it made my explorer have a lot more crap.. Or it was when I updated the latest Yahoo email.. Do I need all those?? Also where do I go to tuen startup progrtams off?? Lime wire starts everytime I boot. If possible I would like to limit startup programs and have them be shortcuts.

I greatly appreciatte your help

Chris Naramor

It seems you have attached a copy of the instructions I gave you, rather than a fresh HJT log lol.

Your HJT log is clean.

One of the biggest resource hogs on your system is Symantec/Norton.

I recommend you consider getting rid of it and using one of the free antivirus and firewall programmes in this thread HERE.

If you decide to do this, do the following. Download whichever antivirus and firewall programme you chose and disconnect from the net.

Uninstall Symantec/Norton from add remove programmes in your control panel. You will probably have to uninstall it in several stages, including the Live update component. If you have any problems with the uninstall, see this thread HERE.

Once the uninstall is complete, install whichever firewall you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose and reboot your system the required number of times. Reconnect to the net and run the antivirus updates.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions for speeding up your pc.

Please let me know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back