Xp Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been getting a black screen with this:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

when i choose an option it goes back to this black screen like 10 times and take like an hour to startup xp PLEASE I NEED HELP.

I recently had a similar problem my computer kept on restarting itself and when i tried fixing it with norton go back at the start it would freeze again
all i did to fix it is disable norton go back
try disabling the program thats stopping you from restarting normally and then run some scans when your in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back