Xp with multiple blue screen errors .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone thanks for entering the thread.
I have had this computer for quite a while and it was working just fine, but
recently whenever i watched movies it would freeze, and then if it became more consistant until it started freezing just at random times.I doubt its the ram because it has been working for more than a year perfectly fine. First i got a blue screen error that said IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, so i decided to reformat my computer and did a clean installation of windows but it did not help. These are the blue screen errors i have gotten so far:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Page_fault_in_nonpage_area
Driver_irql_not_lesss_or_equal

I think i have solved the Irql issue by moving my wireless card to a different pci slot. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows Xp srv pack 2
AMD Duron processor 1.01 Ghz
120 mb
12.7 gig hard drive
Motherboard is a Mk20/n a link to the specs (http://eu.shuttle.com/archive/en/mk20.htm#specificatio)

I have also uploaded my minidumps if that will help, thanks for the help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

5 minidumps crash with an unknown image.

2 minidumps crash with memory corruption.They have bugchecks of 7A, and 77.

1 minidump crashes at A3AB.sys. D-link driver.

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

I believe you either have a ram/page file problem, or a hard drive problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file. You should also check your system for viruses etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi and thanks for the reply, i've been to that page and did the following it suggested, i did the ram test with both ram sticks in and it went through 14 times and found 3 error, then i did the test with one ram stick in about 7 times and found no errors, and then went back into windows and it froze again, and how would the ram go bad if i have been using it all this tme so i don't think the ram is the problem, i recently did a virus scan and it froze after i did the scan. I don't know much at all about computers, so sorry about that and once again thanks.

Some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Just because you`ve been using the ram for some time, doesn`t mean it can`t suddenly go bad. Ram, like any other component doesn`t last forever.

You should also check your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Did you try swapping the ram to a different dimm slot?

Did you clean out the dust from your computer?

Check your system temperatures.

Update the drivers, including your chipset drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Hi thanks again for reply, i have tried changing the dimm slots for the ram, and i cleaned it of dust, the system tem is 34 celsius and CPU tem is 44 celcius, i think i updated my drivers and chipset. the computer hasnt been freezing at random point anymore, but if i try to watch a clip on the interent it will freeze. everytime i watch a video it freezes, so any suggestions on that? thanks for your help.

So, if I understand you correctly. You aren`t getting anymore blue screens, and the freezing issue has diminished.

Take a look in your event viewer for anything that coincides with the freezing.

Also, retest your ram.

Can you provide details of your psu? Make and wattage please.

Hi thanks for the help. Well when the blue screens appeared they didnlt happen to often, once in a while, but now it hasn't happend since i followed your instructions, however, if i attempt to watch a video it will still freeze up on me. My event viewer has a lot of errors and i just donlt know where to start to narrow down the problem. when i posted my cpu temperature i forgot to post this also, this was under the cpu temperature in bios.

Vcore 1.78 v
2.5 v 2.50v
3.3v 3.35v
5v 4.97v
12v 12.30

and as for my power supply this is the following:

+cyberzone
model: kc-300 ATX
input: 115v/230v AC 50/60hz
7A/3.5A
output: 300w max
+5v 20A +3.3v 15A
+12V 12A -12V 1A
+5VSB 2A -5V 0.5A

And at the back of the power supply its set to 115V currently, and it can switch to 230V.

Thanks for the suggestions i will pick up a new psu this weekend. Unfortunatley, the freezing has occured again, like when i run a virus check it freezes up, this is the newest minidump i recieved.

Your latest minidump crashes with memory corruption and a bugcheck of 77.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Hi thank you so much for all your help, do you recommend any anti virus softwares? And also this is the most recent minidump which happend today.

Your latest minidump crashes with memory corruption and a bugcheck of 77.

I recommend avg free for an antivirus programme and Zonalarm free for a firewall.

You can get them HERE and HERE.

Hi howard, thanks for helping me out so much, i was wondering if you know of any tutorials on how to reset your registry completely. thanks

With everything you have done to fix this problem, you could have done a backup important info and reloaded XP, would be alot easier if your getting blue screenies :)

Hi thanks for responding, and yes i reformatted the hard drive, deleted the old partition and created a new one. My windows cd is from dell, so is this xp disk okay or is a oem?

kingkraze said:
Hi thanks for responding, and yes i reformatted the hard drive, deleted the old partition and created a new one. My windows cd is from dell, so is this xp disk okay or is a oem?

I don`t know for sure, but I suspect it`ll be oem.

Did you try a more powerful psu?

Your registry shouldn`t be corrupt after a full format and reinstall.

I believe you have a problem with either your ram/hdd/psu or possibly a mobo problem.

Hi thanks for all the help from everyone, i haven't really gotten time to fix the computer because i have a brand new one but just wondering if this could be the problem of why it is always freezing, and making me restart it manually, and if so what should i do to fix this problem. thanks. i've attached a picture that shows that montiors the hardware.

Hi everyone for all the help. I think i have found the problem, i actually had my virtual memory set too high, and now that i have it set i think accordingly my computer has been running fine except for one thing. I have wireless internet in my house, and i watch movies that are on my basement computer from this computer which has been giving me problems. My computer doesnlt freeze anymore when i watch regular movies but if i try to watch cartoons it freezes. So i always have to move the cartooons onto this computer and watch them. Does anyone know why i am able to watch regular movies through the network but not cartoons?

no reason to play with the virtual memory. Just leave it on automatic unless you have gobs of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back