Y is computer going slow all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffguy

My cuzins computer all of a sudden laggs like crazy. I cant even be running 2 programs at once! if i do it will freez! :suspiciou When i came to his house they sais it was used so i knew somthing was goin to happen.....so today i started up the comp and it usally takes bout 1min to start and now it takes like 5. When i goto the internet it makes the DSL seem like its dial up. WHat should i do?

Specs from everst:
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 4
DirectX 4.07.00.0700 (DirectX 7.0)
Computer Name USER988
User Name user

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 566 MHz (8.5 x 67)
Motherboard Name Dell OptiPlex GX100
Motherboard Chipset Intel Whitney i810-DC100
System Memory 64 MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (09/18/00)
Communication Port
if u guys need more specs let me know :)

Ok, well anyway, run a memtest and see what you get. Since you can't multi-task at all, it sounds like a RAM problem.

stick another 64 in there. Heck i have so many of them laying around i dont know what to do with all my old RAM. I also have a righ with that CPU lol. It is an old HP, and is one of my tester POS. But you should be able to suf the web with it at least. Since its used, i would re image the drive, to clean out god knows what is on the HD.

do u have any 168-pin DIMM SDRAM, PC100 ? if u do will u be willing to sell any?

the cruical website says this computer can hold up too 512 mb. How much do i need to reach 256mb?(that is good enough right?)

Actually we dont do that type of thing on this site....but if you want to email me, we could go from there. How many slots does your mobo have for ram? 256 should give your PC enough room to breathe. you should be able to pull it off with 128...but it is your call.

oh sry i didnt know. I have 1 slot left in my mobo. Im good with 256 i guess or 128 will be fine. WAt should i email u with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back