Yet another CD Burner issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Rosenrosen

Hey guys... I have a Sony CRX225E CD-RW. It is a 52x writer, but only writes between 16 & 21x. Not, the rated speeds. It will start and 16, go up to 17, back to 16, up to 19, back to 17, and max out at like 24...

I am using the "Optimal" setting in Easy CD Creator, as well as TDK 48x CDR's. Does anybody have any suggestions/etc. on how to remedy this?

Thanks!
Gregg

Most likely cause is media compatability. Try a different brand of disc and see how you get on. Also, check for firmware updates on the Sony website.

A lot depends on what you are burning. Burning from cd to cd on the fly can be a lot slower than burning from the hard drive. Check the software settings, a lot of programs will slow the write process down if they are having trouble reading/writing.

Ok, So I changed Media..still not working. also, I check firmware versions/etc. IT says the current firmware is QYB2, which I have on the burner...Any suggestions from here y'all?

G

since it's usb, my thought is that maybe it's a problem with your usb setup? like it can't get the info fast enough to burn at the highest speeds. what version easy cd are you using? i dont know what the optimal setting is, but have you tried changing that to something else? like maybe telling it what speed to burn at? also to verify it's a burner problem and not a software problem try a different program, or even the built in XP burning software if need be.
-Krugger

Giddy up! I'll give that a shot...good idears! Thanks Krugger!

Easy CD 6.0. I've only used Optimal...never tried it the other ways!...I'll try it tonight..

G

Ok...So I tried setting it at 40x...Went a bit higher, but not much. Maxed out around 27x. I tried TDK, Phillips, & Memorex disks. Anyone have any suggestions? What types of media are good? Help!

Gregg

FIRST: make sure DMA is enabled for the drive. in xp open device manager, and look at IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, you should have a Primary IDE channel and a Secondary IDE channel. You can turn on DMA in the properties of those.
otherwise:
questions; what/how are you burning? ie data or audio cd, files or are you burning from an image? if it's mp3s ==> audio cd, then that is the problem, as it takes longer to convert to audio on the fly.
apparently your drive has a 'turbo' mode which is entered by holding down the eject button for 5 seconds, the indicator light will blink twice. this supposedly allows burning at 52x.
----
try that maybe, if the cds are rated high enough. also try other cds maybe. or a different program. see if there is an update to easy cd creator maybe. and finally tell the program to create and image on the hard drive before burning.
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back