Yet another minidump question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwspony

Ok, I have been having random crashes for about a month or so. I have the debug tool and symbols but haven't had time to figure out how to use them. So I am thinking, I could email a minidump to someone and maybe they can decifer it for me. Any takers?

Your minidump text is of no use, that`s because you`re using the wrong symbols.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps to reveal the culprit of your crashes.

You can find a short tutorial on how to read minidumps HERE.

If none of the above helps, attach 5 or 6 of the actual minidump files here.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard. I am going to take an easy route today. Here are a few dump files. The error report always says the same thing. Driver error.

A few more. I will try and download a memory checker as well.

Your minidumps crash with the following errors.

2 with memory corruption.
1 with sr.sys.
1 USBPORT.SYS.
1 with ctoss2k.sys.

They all have bugchecks of 0A. This is symptomatic of faulty ram.

Test your ram as per the instructions in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

Running memtest86 v1.70 now. I will let it run most of the day and let you know the results. As far as the USB port item. I recently had a thumb drive go south. Not sure when, just when I tried to use it again it wouldn't work. Curious if that has anything to do with the error. My Dr. Watson program had an error about Internet Explorer causing a problem. Most of the time when it crash's I am online. I have IE7. Thought about removing it and see if the problem continues.

I downloaded the Everest software. The only thing I have seen that looks out of the ordinary is with the voltages. On the 12v reading I have seen it drop below 5 volts. Is this normal? I have an Ultra 480 watt supply. 2 DVD drives, 1 floppy, 2 sata's, modem card, creative XF-I sound card, 2 case fans. I thought that this was enough power. What do you think. Also, what symbols would I need to make my minidumps usable? I still may pull my RAM and look at it but this is a machine I built a few months ago and only just recently started having these issues. I have 2 Corsair CMX512-3200Cs Sticks. Oh, another thing I haven't checked out. During the memtest I noticed that ECC is disabled on my mobo. I have an ECS K8T890-1 board.

It could be the power supply. Do you have another one you could use to test?

Try reseating the RAM, trying it with just one stick, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back