YET Another RANDOM Restart Problem! PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone on this Forum! My first post and First Problem!

I know, another one! random restart problem...here we go.....:rolleyes: But I researched around and just found nothing to help me with My problem!

I had this computer for a year, before it was hardly used, until I've amended it a bit and it works fine! apart from the fact that it began to get random restarts recently!

System:
WINDOWS XP
AMD Athlon (tm) 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.21 GHz
2 GB RAM
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS A8N32 -SLI DELIXE
EN GeForce 7900GT

I've checked RAM, checked Power Supply, I have 4 Fans installed, Updated all Possible drivers as far as I know. Could it be Harddrives?

I have unchecked the AUTOMATIC RESTART box, and instead of restarting, my Screen goes BLUE and the error CODE I get is this, anyone familiar with this?

STOP: 0X00000024 (0x00190 2FE, 0XBACDFA 74, 0XBACDF770, 0XBA5B49C4)

Ntfs.sys - Address BA5B49C4 vbase at BA539000, Date Stamp41107eea

Now this is what I get, instead of a restart, it happens randomly sometimes very often, as in, it will suddenly glitch and here is the magic blue screen killing all my unsaved work, in frustration I press button to swith off, on, as PC restarts, logs into windows it instatly restarts again. Now this can happen often or barely ever. Sudden and unexpected!

This problem persists, and i think it will damage my system eventually! Could anyone direct me to a possible solution please! This is becoming a huge issue when doing important work, nevermind playing games! :)

THANX in ADVANCE!!!

Hi. I think that the NTFS.sys file administer system file that XP uses. Try to reinstall Service Pack 2, defrag and do an scandisk to your HD

Regards ;)

It worked! however I get a different error now but it only happened once in 2 days, so I think for now the problem is sorted! Thanx a lot for the help claw:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back