Yet more bsods "unknown device driver" and "video device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys can someone please help I run a small pc shop in north wales and this one is driving me up the wall:
the machine is a pentium d 805
1 gig corsair ddr2
abit aw8 max

and I have tried 3 different gfx cards, 2 different tv cards and 3 different hd configureations none to any avail

the machie frequently reboots and has ms error report that usually states "unknown device" or "video adapter" was the cause.

I have attached my mini-dumps, any help would be ace

msn: zwand@hotmail.com

Attachments

• Mini062706-01.zip
    71.5 KB · Views: 10
most bsod's occur because of faulty ram, low ps unit, or bad device deivers.
to isolate ram and ps unit, start in safe mode (as the pc starts, tap f8 key a few times).
once in safe mode, does the bsod happen there too?

another option is to unplug everything except hdd, cd, kb, mouse and monitor. start your system. does the bsod occur again?
then connect the devices one at a time installing the driver and restart each time. which one causes the bsod?
to test the ram. take the ram sticks out one at a time. which one causes bsod?
the ps unit, you can find a calculator here
http://journeysystems.com/power_supply_calculator.php
to calculate what wattage you need based on the number of devices that you have.

already tried all the above and the bsod's mostly happen shortly after gfx tries to do something impressive (video or 3d). any luck on reading the minidumps?

and the psu's ive tried are true 450watt and 420w

have now run 3dmark 06 to try and see if that told me anything and it completed.......damn!

and ran memtest but it passed

help please

when you unplug everything, plug them back one at a time, which one causes the bsod?
are your hard drive(s) sata?
any raid software?

its only seems to be when playing video (even a tiny video clip on a web site) or 3d gaming, the hard drive i have tried have been sata raid, sata and a pata drive same problem with all

have you managed to read the minidump files?

the problem your describing sounds very much like a ram problem. one other thing that can cause the same problem is erratic voltages. download speedfan and check your PSU voltages that they are correct and they are stable. I just had a 420Watt PSU cause erratic system behavior because the 3Volt rail was fluctuating wildly.

am downloading it now, has anyone been able to read the minidumps yet? am very interested in seeing what they say because for the last few crashes i havent even seen a bsod, the machine has just rebooted..........

and is there any other ram testing software as memtest reports no problems?

Not much help, but just to let you know that I've just diagnosed a BSoD problem (about which I posted here) to a faulty RAM module. The module was in a dual channel config as one half of a matched pair and passed 12 hours of both Memtest86 and Memtest86+ without any errors.

Good luck solving your problem. I know just how frustrating it can be!

I am having exactly the same problem and same errors,i tried 2 cards,bench tested,changed drivers and still reboot,driving me nuts,the system is brand new,i'm thinking ram,looked at problems with components and bugger all,if you find your prob,can you please let us know.cheers

None of your minidumps open, and for one of them, I get an "unspecified error." try a new set of ram since bad ram can pass memtest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back