"Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection."

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPY SHERIFF "Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection."

I'm getting this message along with a blinking red X in the bottom right of my screen.

I don't know how it happened. One day my computer was fine, the next day I have this red x and something called "spy sheriff" was mysteriously installed on my computer. I removed "spy sheriff" and my computer functions normally. . .except I have that red x and the constant popups saying "windows has detected spyware infection."

I did have a spyware/adware problem a month or two ago, but I had it gotten rid of.

Now, after my computer was totally fine for a while, I have this red x and constant annoying pop ups from it.

Also, I notice that this red x and it's pop-ups ONLY appear when I launch Mozilla Firefox internet browser. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla, but the red x has remained.

How do I get rid of it? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Once you`ve finished the instructions as suggested by N3051M.

In addition to posting a fresh HJT log, please post an Ewido log as well. These should be posted as attachments.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of sgthenshaw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back