Your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerabuser30

I have two desktops and a laptop connected on a network through a wireless network. I was just wondering what you guys think is the best security setup to for antihacking and virus's for a reasonable cost. Just get Norton or is there another one that you guys prefer? Any special settings?

Norton is Bad!

What do you mean by antihacking? Do you want to protect your computers from internet threats? Do you want to protect the wireless traffic and eliminate the risk of a wardriver getting in? Are you just worried about malware and hijacking of computers or do you actually have some important information to protect?

Against internet stuff your usual firewall+antivirus+antispyware will do. As for securing wireless, there is no "secure" secure way. You can set up encryption but it will be no good against a determined attacker. Going wired or setting up some VPN technology on top of the LAN would be the only safe solution.

And Norton is bad!

Just in general protection. I just saw another post and got avg on all my computers for virus and I have adaware already. Think I am going to get Zone alarm next what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back