z5500 to xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

Hi, i just got vga cables for my 360 to hook it up to my monitor, but i am wondering how i can hook the 360 up to my z5500. The vga has white and red audio cables. What kind of splitter would i need?

Hmm are you talking about Logitech Z5500? As i don;t have both of them, and assuming that your 360 is having 2 "RCA" (not VGA) audio cables coloured white and red, you can just connect it via :

2 Stereo RCA (female) to 3.5mm stereo (female). But if you want to have 5.1 channel configuration of it, well i can't give the answer as i nvr see the back panel of both z5500 and 360

But remember for digital input, ask another techspot members as i'm really blind about co-axial or digital input

there should be a digital connection directly below the VGA bit - ignore the RCA as this will not give you true 5.1.

There is no digital connection, just rca. It does say it supports Dolby 5.1 surround, but i don't know how. Also, their is an optical and digital input on the back of the logitec z5500 console.

Oh, ok, thanks. I just spent $45 on the "xbox" brand one w/o the digital out. I'll see what i can do about returning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back