Zalman fan + AS5 = 58 C load.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought, maybe 4 days ago, a Zalman HSF :

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0183356

and some Artic Silver 5. Im running on an Abit AV8 Pro with a gig of PC3200 RAM and an AMD 64 3500+. Im using the Abit uGuru EQ and it is reading about 58 C load, which from what I have read the real temp is probably even higher than that. But this should be a nice fan right? And AS5 should help out a lot more than it is too, right?

For any additional specs, just ask. I did read the post about threads lik this, but I'm more asking if this is where I should be with this fan and AS5 or if it should be lower. Thanks in advance.

personally i think it should be lower than that...im running a prescott...and im using the 7000B and the 7700 is supposed to be more efficient (being 120mm) and ive read reviews with those...it might just be a bad reading...maybe u didnt put enough AS5 or didnt seat the heatsink properly. I get a temp of 55 load most of the time...and my friend with a 3400+ gets much lower temps than me. im not much of an AMD man but all i know is that AMD's usually run cooler than intel prescotts.

what speed is the fan operating at? the internal case air temp of your box plays an important role too. hard drives, video cards, and northbridge coolers are major contributors of in-case heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back