Zif ipod hdd won't read in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, killer8472, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, do you not have an ipod to put the drive in? Also what message comes up, if any?

it didn't have an ipod to begin with, what i want to do is put it in a creative zen vision w, but its not reading in the zen vision w either, i was thinking about trying to get it to work in windows first, then go from there, and advice would be appreciated

sounds like hte drive is pretty much dead then

are you running on windows xp? your posts aren't very descriptive, please follow the link i gave you to SNGX1275's thread and read it completely

thats what I've come up with as well, from what I've been reading online it looks like its a lost cause, and I'm running vista

where did you get the drive from and i don't mean to nag but have you read SNGX1275's thread yet

i do expect that the drive is dead, i'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back