Zip file isn't being read correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay, so I have a computer that is running windows vista home premium.
I put a zip file on it from a flash drive. I have transfered the file countless times from the flash drive to other computers, and they extract all the files inside it fine.

However THIS one only sees / extracts like 3 of the 10 files inside the .zip file...
What the @#%^ is going on?
I've never experienced such a retarded problem that doesn't make any sense before... everything looks right, the zip file is the correct size in both places...
I don't get it...

Okay well I figured out that I can get it to extract the files IF and ONLY IF i tell it to view the hidden files and folders...
What kind of bug is that? Microsoft really should fix that...
Any idea why it does that?

It is not a bug - Windows will hide system files and folders as default to stop people fiddling with them. You can also set files and folders as hidden that are not system files - Vista is known for being ultra protective so I am not surprised that it has set some of your files as hidden simply because of the file extension.
Don't worry - change the attributes so it does not happen again.

I still find it strange that vista decides that it isn't going to extract the files that aren't shown to the user...
But then again it asked me if I wanted to run that exe file twice... so I guess it's just THAT protective to prevent some sort of problems... (apparently to no avail...)
But oh well... I guess I has to not make files i want extracted hidden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back