Zonealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrca

i have used zonealarm for quite some time, even though being aware that it was a over bloated programme. i have always been accepting of that little extra time it took for my pc to get up to running speed from initial startup. i am not knocking zomealarm as i find to be more reliable than many others, but now they have updated it with additional software with game mode and a blocker for known problem websites. great stuff but OH BOY ! its takes even longer to load.
so what about avast? how is the firewall in it ? what about avg and its firewall?

avg in my experience has a lot of updates but can not find anything.

the only problem i have with zonealarm is doing the update.
when you choose to update it shuts down the firewall...
it make sense but how who is suppose to protect me when it's doing the update

no other problems pc boots fast

when a reboot is necessary after an update there is not enough time for an attack on your pc, there is no reason for the firewall to shut down during updates, never has done on me. should i need to close za firewall my windows firewall automatically activates, if it fails to activate it warns that there is no protection, then i activate it manually.
:wave:

I switched from zonealarm to Sygate because of issues with zonealarm. Sygate gives constant warnings of invasive scans and port scans, and catches all outgoing net programs and asks if I want to allow them. So far so good. It's also free

I have got the zonealarm security suite and as far as a firewall is concerned you have alot of control. But as far as it goes in terms of antivirus and anti spyware it aint the best. I use zonealarm in conjunction with avg and i am pretty satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back