Zotac believes an RTX 3090 Ti will arrive at some point

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: Rumors about the RTX 3080 Ti have been building for months, and its release now looks to be just around the corner, likely followed closely by the RTX 3070 Ti. Once they arrive, the only RTX 30-series without a Ti variant will be the RTX 3090. But based on a listing in its FireStorm software, Zotac believes Nvidia will launch an RTX 3090 Ti in the future.

Twitter user Japanese PC mania discovered references to the RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti in Zotac’s FireStorm overclocking software. That’s not too unusual, given the number of rumors surrounding the cards’ release. What is surprising, however, is the inclusion of an RTX 3090 Ti.

Image files for the three Ti cards are inside a ‘resources’ folder in the latest RTX 30 version of the FireStorm directory. They were all created on April 21, so it’s not like Zotac made this prediction a long time ago.

Image credit: Japanese PC mania

As we wrote in our review, the RTX 3090, while not using the Titan name, is a Titan-class product with 21% more CUDA cores than the RTX 3080 and more than twice as much VRAM (24GB GDDR6). It also has an MSRP of $1,500, though you’re not going to find one for that price in the current climate; they sell for over $3,000 on eBay.

There were previous rumors of an Ampere Titan, one with 48GB of GDDR6X, but that’s all they were, rumors. Given the RTX 3090’s positioning, it still seems doubtful that an Ampere-based Titan card will arrive. Is an RTX 3090 Ti more likely? We’ll have to wait and see. But Zotac seems to think it’s a possibility

As for the RTX 3080 Ti, we recently saw photos and listings for the card. Both it and the RTX 3070 Ti are expected to be announced at the end of this month.

Permalink to story.

What on earth would the chip be? The 3090 is already a complete GA102 die. Outside of putting 48GB of VRAM on it (****ing WHY?) there's nothing else they could do. Binning? The 3090 at stock speeds is power limited to a silly degree for a stock card.

What on earth would the chip be? The 3090 is already a complete GA102 die. Outside of putting 48GB of VRAM on it (****ing WHY?) there's nothing else they could do. Binning? The 3090 at stock speeds is power limited to a silly degree for a stock card.
NVIDIA RTX A6000 have little more Shaders and TMUs on GA102 than RTX 3090

Both my 3090 FTW3 were $1799 ($1955) and I was able to get them two days after Cyberpunk was released. Microcenter gets shipments 2 or 3 times a week and right now, people are camping out for them overnight.

Unfortunately, the MSRP of a 3090 has increased to the point that all of them are now over $1999 here in NY (I can't speak for other countries).

MSI, ASUS...whatever...all of them exceed $2200 now. (I checked Microcenter 2 days ago).

You think you're gonna be able to even get near a 3080Ti? Good luck!

And the sad thing is, you'll probably end up spending more for a 3080Ti than I spent on my 3090.

There will NOT be 3090 Ti. Zotac is just stupid.

I checked with PNY, Zotac is full of crap, there is no talk what so ever among manufacturers of a 3090 Ti. My contact INSIDE PNY says there is no such thing as 3090 Ti even on their planning boards, nor has Nvidia said a word of it to them. Zotac is smoking banana peels again...

It should be noted that IF such a creature was going to exist, my contact would already have my name on the internal waiting list to get one ordered on launch day. There is no such creature and never will be named RTX 3090 Ti. Ever.

There will NOT be 3090 Ti. Zotac is just stupid.

I checked with PNY, Zotac is full of crap, there is no talk what so ever among manufacturers of a 3090 Ti. My contact INSIDE PNY says there is no such thing as 3090 Ti even on their planning boards, nor has Nvidia said a word of it to them. Zotac is smoking banana peels again...

It should be noted that IF such a creature was going to exist, my contact would already have my name on the internal waiting list to get one ordered on launch day. There is no such creature and never will be named RTX 3090 Ti. Ever.
While I agree with you... I call "BS" on you that you have a contact within PNY....

I see no point in introducing a RTX 3090 Ti. There are limited CUDA cores to enable on the GA102 and the improvement is going to be marginal at best. The memory speed is also unlikely to change because its already burning hot at load. When 24GB is hardly utilised, what makes them think that Nvidia will release a 48GB version when their A6000 sells at a much higher price.

I see no point in introducing a RTX 3090 Ti. There are limited CUDA cores to enable on the GA102 and the improvement is going to be marginal at best. The memory speed is also unlikely to change because its already burning hot at load. When 24GB is hardly utilised, what makes them think that Nvidia will release a 48GB version when their A6000 sells at a much higher price.
Agree with everything but the last statement... with every GPU sold out or selling at double (or more) MSRP, ANY GPU will sell... so if they do make a 3090Ti, even if the only difference is an extra 24GB of RAM, it will sell out instantly - and probably for insane prices...

The difference is minimal - the 3090 almost maxes GA 102 out.

Full GA 102 vs RTX 3090:

shaders: 10,752 / 10,496 (98%)
TMU: 336 / 328 (98%)
ROP: 112 / 112 (100%)
SM: 84 / 82 (98%)
Tensor cores: 336 / 328
RT cores: 84 / 82 (98%)

So using a zero defect GA 102 chip for a 3090 Ti would give 2.4% (I rounded percentages up) more of most. Don‘t really see the point, so I doubt there‘s a 3090Ti unless there‘s a new die.

Just make enough 3060ti and 3070 so people can just buy one. Why try to make something that the average person/gamer isn't going to buy. And if it's for mining the 3090 isn't even worth mining.

While I agree with you... I call "BS" on you that you have a contact within PNY....
I will name my contact AND give her info, but if you contact her yourself, you BETTER be asking her to add you to the Interest List, because if you harass her she WILL block you.

Lisette Galoza at PNY. Sales Manager.

How do you know that AMD GPU's are delivering?

When Nvidia start releasing Ti models on everything.

Go AMD!

I not only have contactS (multiple contacts, Lisette is just one), but I still can get GPUs cheaper than anybody else on this forum (not counting ones who go through the same channel I use :p )

Technically, the PNY channel I am now setup with is open to everybody. Contact Lisette Galoza at PNY and tell her which RTX 3000 series card you are interested in and give her your contact phone number as she will call you directly and take your order over the phone when your name comes up in the list. There is no online money transaction, you talk to Lisette directly on the phone, and you know you're talking to PNY cause YOU had to look up the number yourself...

You see, I'd give the phone number happily, but you started off acting the jerk and called BS, Squidy boy. Do your own work if you want a GPU from Lisette, I gave you the name and she will take care of you, but you can look up the number yourself, it's easy to Google up...

Edit : Also, Lisette gave FULL permission to give her info out on forums. I'm not putting "secret" contacts at risk cause there's nothing secret about this. Anything Lisette tells me she said I can say publicly and she will hold up her end, adding people to the list.

*note* According to Lisette recently, 3070 and 3080 are very hard to get and take much longer to get through the list to get an order in right now. The only card relatively easy to order right now is 3090, and that takes about 2 weeks to get through the list last person I sent her way who got one reported back. 3060 and 3060 Ti are easier than 3070 and 3080 to get, but still up to a month wait on the list.

Last edited:
I suspect you were not around or paying attention to the GPU part of this forum, Squidy, when I posted about all of this. I snagged a RTX 3090 on LAUNCH DAY thanks to Lisette, and put her info all over the place for others to make use of the option she and PNY were making available to gamers needing a single card order.

She does not accept multi card orders at all. That is PNY's contribution to screwing scalpers. And so far the number of people I've sent to her directly numbers around 20-30, but that's just the ones I sent to her myself, the ones who used the info I put out there and didn't say anything to me are uncounted, but significantly more than the ones I know of.

I have sent PNY TONS of single card purchases through the Interest List channel. And far as I know, it's still open....

Also when someone says they believe something. They don't have hardcore proof. It's like having a gut feeling and promoting your opinion. It's as if PNY is supposed to have the same gut feeling, of course they wouldn't be able to confirm it anyways. None of this really matters anyways because unless you are hawking all outlets for a GPU these days, or buying them from scalpers and resellers, you aren't going to get one anyways.

Just make enough 3060ti and 3070 so people can just buy one. Why try to make something that the average person/gamer isn't going to buy. And if it's for mining the 3090 isn't even worth mining.
If nVidia are supply limited, it makes more sense to shift the product mix towards high margin products like the 3090, professional and HPC GPU, as well as mobile.

If you can sell more than you can make, why produce lower tier products over higher margin ones ?

I highly doubt there will be a 3090 Ti. The primary reason is that it would have to use an even larger die than the 3090, which already requires a whopping 350 watts to power. Unless Nvidia plans on using a more efficient manufacturing process to decrease the amount of power required and die size. I just don't see them releasing a 375-400 watt tbp card. But why do that? It would be in their interests to worry about more efficient processors with the 40 series. The 3090 is the top dog right now and even though the 6900XT can beat it at rasterizing at sub 4K resolutions, we're seeing more and more games release with RT where the 3090 has a significant lead over the 6900XT.

And at 2.5% more shaders, the performance increase would be even more useless than the 3080 to 3090!

Like the pointless 2080 Ti Super rumors, this one is DOA (unless they bump the TDP to 500w, and bump clocks!)

Back