Zune vs iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruff

So which do you recommend? I am trying to decide between the two. I have iTunes on my computer already with about 20 or so purchased songs so that kind of leans me in that direction. I also have gotten my son a nano for Christmas so it would be keeping a tad more consistant with the iPod but I like a few things about the Zune. I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for music though as I prefer to buy a song once and then have unrestricted access. So if you have a good or bad experience and want to make a recommendation fire away.

Hey Bruff,
You may want to use the search feature on this site. There are a few threads already about the Zune here. I bought a Zune myself and so far highly recommend it. Keep in mind there are a few things to consider.

1. Only compatible with XP. Nothing prior, and as of now its not compatible with Vista either.
2. The Zune ONLY has preset EQ settings. Nothing adjustable.
3. Little use for the wireless it has at the moment. (Stressing, at the moment)
4. If you transfer a purchased song wirelessly to another Zune. You can only listen to the song I think 3 times. (no biggy for me, I only transfer music from CD's to mine)
5. The ear buds that come with the Zune suck! (recommend buying the Bose ear buds)
6. Its made by Microsoft!
7. You MUST update the firmware upon installing software on PC. (not a big deal either.
8. Must purchase license for converting DVD's to the Zune. (not expensive)

Even with all the things I have listed here. I love mine! Not had a bit of troubles with it. Also you can demo one, they come pre-loaded with 3 movie clips, probably a dozen or more music videos. And a few dozen pictures.

Even the higher model zune earphones such mine stoped working already I need to return them and I had issues with my zune not wanting to turn on but I do enjoy it

GeekieNick101 said:
Even the higher model zune earphones such mine stoped working already I need to return them and I had issues with my zune not wanting to turn on but I do enjoy it

Higher model zune?!?!?! What do you mean?

What did you do about it not wanting to turn on?

Higher model earphones called the premium earphones instead of the standard earphones that come with the zune but yeah tis still can be clled higher model since they are and I never said a higher model zune just the earphones but in 2007 they are comming out with a 80gb model zune. And I called tech support and I just swtiched the sync cable and pluged in into my laptop instead of the a/c adaptor and it worked then I unpluged it and used the sync cable I used first on the charger that wouldnt work before then It did its really strange but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back