zzz.uv.ro/adver.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfresco

hello everyone

I ve picked this sort of virus by downloading a torrent
zzz.uv.ro/adver.html is settig as my home page and also openes various pages similar to qaz2007.xhost.ro/. I have run both Ad-Aware Se Personal and Spybot search and destroy to scan the all system but the problem is persisting. Can anyone be so kind to explain how to get rid of?
thanks in advance
kind regards
alfredo

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted you other thread on this subject. Please don`t open any more threads for this. Thanks.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of alfresco only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thank you

hi howard hopkinso,
thanks for your promptly reply I had a look at the thread and download some of the stuff you reccomended,but I could not download or run other tools such as Tool1 Tool2 and so on.However i scan my system again on line on home call and it seems to have cured the problem.
would i need to keep Hijackthis1991.exe on desktop?
I have allready spywareblaster installed, can I run 2 spyware or I need to delete one? Do I also need to keep Ewido, SS&D, Ad-Aware and Ccleaner on my system?
Thank you again for your help

Kind regards
Alfresco

It`s up to you, but I`d still like you to post fresh HJT and Ewido logs. I can then check to make sure you have no other problems.

would i need to keep Hijackthis1991.exe on desktop?

No.

can I run 2 spyware

Yes

Do I also need to keep Ewido, SS&D, Ad-Aware and Ccleaner on my system?

yes.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of alfresco only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Have HJT fix this entry.

O16 - DPF: {2A510DC8-C9B5-4269-B9BA-E5B04D47D981} (CPlayFirstDDSonicControl Object) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/dinerdash/sis/DDSonic.1.0.0.92.cab

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

In order to attach your Ewido log do the following from safe mode.

Make sure all windows are closed. Run Ewido.
Click 'Scanner'. Then click 'Complete System Scan' to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click 'Recommended Action' and change it to `Quarantine'.
Then click 'Apply all actions'

Once finished, click the 'Save report' button. Then click 'Save Report As' and save it to your desktop.

Then, attach the log file to your post.

ewido logs

hi howard

thanks for your reply
I am not too sure what i need to do with this link http://www.shockwave.com/content/din...c.1.0.0.92.cab
i unzipped all files but i dont know were they ve gone
i followed your instructions and I ve attached the ewido logs:

--------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 16:09:30 26/09/2006

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\alfredo\Cookies\alfredo@burstnet[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\alfredo\Cookies\alfredo@www.burstnet[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\alfredo\Cookies\alfredo@com[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\alfredo\Cookies\alfredo@tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.

::Report end

The link you mention is a 016-DPF entry in your HJT log and I advised you to fix it, altough it doesn`t appear to be particularly nasty.

The files in your Ewido log aren`t anything to worry about too much. However, you can manually delete them if you wish.

What files did you unzip?

thanks again howard i fixed that file with hjthis.
anyway when i clicked on that link winzip upload and i unzipped all the files but i ve now delete them i think is an online game that my daughter plays.
kind regards
alfredo

No problem mate.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back