ClamXav is a popular and free virus checker for Mac OS X.
More about ClamXav for Mac
It uses the tried, tested and very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end.
- Clean, simple-to-use interface
- Clearly lists infected files
- Free virus definitions (usually updated daily)
- Save your favourite scan locations for easy access
- Customise the toolbar - or hide it entirely
- Send selected files to quarantine or trash with one click
- Specify files to exclude using plain text* or by using drag & drop from the Finder
- Specify schedules to update virus definitions and perform scans
- Use ClamXav Sentry to monitor your hard drive and scan new files as they arrive
- Use the bundled ClamAV engine or bring your own installation
- Compatible with 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 Snow Leopard