With this free version, you can create an unlimited number of MIDI tracks, and two one-minute audio tracks.
More about Anvil Studio
Audio Learn more.
- Editors: Staff, Lyrics, Piano Roll, Percussions, Loops, Audio, Events.
- File formats: standard .MID and .WAV files.
- Includes extensive integrated help.
- Piano Roll / Rhythm editor with:
- multi-level loops
- loops can refer to notes, other loops, samples, or Riffs.
- Import, record and edit audio samples and play them like drums.
- Any note duration down to 1/128th notes.
- Dynamic editing while the song is playing, making it easier to experiment with rhythms.
- Duplet, quintuplet, and septuplet notes.
- Enter notes from external MIDI device, on-screen guitar fret board, on-screen piano keyboard, or by dragging notes to the staff.
- Lyrics, track names, and comments can be in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other languages.
- Percussion editor employs standard percussion notation
- Copy and paste between 2 song files by starting two copies of Anvil Studio with different songs loaded.
- Align notes with beats and measures.
- Stretch / compress notes over time.
- Compensation for MIDI and Audio device latency and working with low-latency ASIO and Virtual Instruments.
- Per-track On/Mute/Solo, device, instrument, channel, fader, pan, and effects controls.
- Shows up to 25 tracks of information displayed at the same time.
- Zoomed-out view of notes and wave data for all tracks at the same time.
- Option to play notes as mouse moves over them, making it easier to quickly locate a spot in the song.
- Dynamically change track volumes, mutes, instruments, and effects properties while a song continues to play.
- Fast loading and scrolling of large MIDI files.
- Time and Duration fields display time in Minute:Second:Frame(SMPTE), or Measure:Beat:Ticks, or sample format.
- Metronome includes tempo, lead-in, and accent beat attributes.
- Add Cue points for quickly positioning to a desired spot in the song.
- Play list for playing hours of different song files.
- File/Truncate menu to shorten the duration of .MID files.
- File/Merge Song menu for copying tracks between .MID files.
- Add standard music notation including: slur, crescendo, decrescendo, fermata, trill, repeat, D.C., D.S.,segno, coda, prima volta, seconda volta,pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff
- User-defined keyboard shortcuts.
- Control Record/Play/Stop functions remotely using any MIDI controllers such as a Foot Switch, Modulation wheel.
- Free version has built-in patch-library support for SoundFont®-compatible sound cards.
- Supports the Tascam US-428 External Mixing console.
- Runs on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000.
- ASIO, VST, VST-Instrument, and Automation support with optional Pro-Mix accessory.
Audio Learn more.