Chocolat is a new text editor for Mac OS X, that combines native Cocoa with powerful text editing tools.
More about Chocolat for Mac
- Text Editing
- Split Editing
- Display multiple files at once or display two parts of the same file.
- Code Completion
- Chocolat can code-complete standard library and user-defined symbols (even if they're in another file!)
- Live Errors
- Fold unwanted lines away or focus on just the function you need.
- Symbol List
- It's a list of symbols!
- Blockedit (aka multicursor editing) lets you perform repetitive tasks on multiple parts of a file at once.
- Vim Mode
- Write code like a neckbeard! (though real neckbeards use Emacs)
- Jump to Definition
- Jump to any symbol in seconds.
- Project Find
- Chocolat has built-in support for ack, a popular tool for doing regex searches over whole directories.
- Go to File
- Jump to any file in your project, with support for fuzzy searching and nested directories.
- Web Preview
- Preview HTML and Markdown files as you type.
- Chocolat can show programming language documentation right next to the editor.