Stickies is a PC utility to try to cut down on the number of Post-It notes you leave stuck to your monitor.
Similar to 6
It is a computerised version of those notes.
The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores all information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures, or play "Greensleeves". They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached a web site, document or folder so they only show when it's on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
- International language support
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- ...and Stickies is completely free!
- New command line parameter -linux to make the app more compatible with that OS
- Recurring notes no longer show in the calendar view in Manage before their start date
- Read-only image notes are now more read-only (image transforms no longer work when read-only)
- Note modified date is updated in a few places it wasn't being updated (loading an image into a note)
- Notes set to recur for "every X" start when they should
- Changing the password updates encrypted notes correctly now
Fast servers and clean downloads. Tested on TechSpot Labs. Here's why you can trust us.
Software similar to Stickies 6
For all your notetaking needs: write down your ideas, sync across devices, and share them.
Evernote is a free note-taking application for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS with cross platform support.
A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.
More similar downloads