CCleaner Enhancer is a small tool which adds support for over 270 new programs into the popular program CCleaner. The tool uses the WinApp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs. The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet.
The actual file containing the definitions is not included with the program, but is instead downloaded by the program. Simply press ‘Download Latest’ and the tool will automatically download the most recent version of the definitions. If CCEnhancer cannot locate the CCleaner.exe file you can open a dialog box and select the page yourself.
We’ve just released CCEnhancer 4.5.7, which fixes an issue with the Use alternative download URL option that caused definition updates to fail. Relatedly, CCEnhancer will no longer stop working on the rare occasions that our CDN provider goes offline.
- Updated the Greek and Japanese localizations
- Trim feature will no longer erroneously remove custom Chrome/Firefox cleaning rules
- The trim feature now supports (brace yourself) IceDragon, SlimBrowser, Basilisk, SeaMonkey, 7Star, 360Browser, Amigo, Brave Browser, CentBrowser, Chromium, CocCoc, Dragon, Coowon, Epic Privacy Browser, Flock, Iridium, ChromePlus, RockMelt, Slimjet, Superbird, Torch, Vivaldi, and Yandex Browser.
- Updated Japanese, Turkish and Traditional Chinese translations.
- winapp2.ini trim feature now detects Chrome, Blink-based Opera, and Vivaldi
- Several user interface tweaks, including better high-DPI monitor support
- Fixed issue where an extra winapp2.ini would remain in CCEnhancer’s folder
- Fixed issue causing control tooltips not to appear
- Fixed issue causing some tooltips not to translate
- Updated Hungarian and German translations
If you find our software valuable, please consider joining the SingularLabs Pro Club.