uTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest nonbeta version of this software.
UDP trackers are a different protocol for tracker communication that uses significantly less processing power on the tracker end. It's important for us to support this because trackers have limited resources, so this should allow them to support many more users with their current hardware and not crash under the load.
uTP is an alternative communication method for BitTorrent traffic that allows the client to automatically regulate its bandwidth usage to avoid adversely impacting your internet connection. This will allow you or other users on the network to download their torrents without killing your connection without any additional setup required.
The transfer cap settings were added in response to various users who have ISP*mandated caps on how much data they can download/upload in a month. Now you can track your usage in MB (with a handy graph to visualize it) and even configure ÂµTorrent to stop torrenting once the limits are exceeded. Currently, you can configure the time interval, the data cap and whether it should stop based on only download, upload, or both combined.
As a privacy notice, this traffic data is not sent back to us or anyone.
- We've added UDP tracker support!
- uTP has been improved significantly over the previous alpha, with many bugs fixed and performance improvements. It's no longer hidden in Advanced settings.
- The setup dialog has been overhauled to make it much easier to use and with a built*in speed test. It's still not quite complete yet, but this will give you a good taste of what we're up to with it!
- A new transfer cap feature has been added to track bandwidth usage, along with graphs to show your usage.
- Fix: update app sidebar counts correctly when apps are installed
- Feature: end to end path MTU calculation based on ICMP messages and missing packets
- Change: use friendly name for rss items in sidebar
- Fix: Fix uTorrent Web "Get File" feature
- Feature expose more granular file priority levels
- Feature: take bandwidth used by RSS and tracker into account for rate limiting
- Change: add bold text for Ask toolbar offer
- Fix: remove toolbar button was not enabled when certain torrents were selected
- Fix: set bt.transp_disposition to use new uTP header
- Feature: Added privacy options to BitTorrent settings
- Fix: btapp html updates properly when updated