You do not need to install the Trend Micro ATTK. To run it from your machine, copy the "tmattk.exe" file to your computer and run it. Trend Micro recommends that you run it as an administrator.
The following new features and enhancements are provided with the ATTK:
- Improved malware detection and cleanup – Detects and cleans more viruses, Trojan horses, rootkits, spyware, rogue programs, and other threats.
- System policy restoration – Restores system policy changes made by malware files.
- Registry cleanup – Restores changes malware has made to the registry.
Collects the following information to learn more about suspicious file activity:
- Associated processes and DLL files
- Network connections
- Host files
- Autorun information including registry entries, system file changes (desktop and Start menu changes), and more.
- Trend Micro product information
- Master boot records
- Suspicious file properties
- Suspicious file collecting – Uses File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to send suspicious files to the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network for correlation and to improve detection rates.