Lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard GB of data without losing quality. It doesn't do any decoding / encoding and is therefore extremely fast. Also allows for taking JPEG snapshots of the video at the selected time. This app uses the awesome ffmpeg for doing the grunt work. Also supports lossless cutting in the most common audio formats.
LosslessCut aims to be the ultimate cross platform ffmpeg GUI for extremely fast and lossless operations on video, audio, subtitle and other related media files. The main feature is lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files, which is great for saving space by rough-cutting your large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. It lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard many gigabytes of data without doing a slow re-encode and thereby losing quality. Or you can add a music or subtitle track to your video without needing to encode. Everything is extremely fast because it does an almost direct data copy, fueled by the awesome ffmpeg which does all the grunt work.
Since LosslessCut is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9 For more information about supported formats / codecs, see https://www.chromium.org/audio-video.
- Drag drop a video file into player to load or use ⌘/CTRL+O.
- Press SPACE to play/pause
- Select the cut start and end time
- Press the scissors button to export the slice
- Press the camera button to take a snapshot
The original video files will not be modified. Instead it creates a lossless export in the same directory as the original file with from/to timestamps. Note that the cut is currently not precise around the cutpoints, so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost. EXIF data is preserved.
- SPACE, k Play/pause
- j Slow down video
- l Speed up video
- ← Seek backward 1 sec
- → Seek forward 1 sec
- . (period) Tiny seek forward
- , (comma) Tiny seek backward
- i Mark in / cut start point
- o Mark out / cut end point
- e Export selection (in the same dir as the video)
- c Capture snapshot (in the same dir as the video)
- Windows file associations
- improve error report
- improve help
- Add experimental flag setting #336
- language updates