An internet telephone. As simple as an instant messenger. Now you’re talking. Learn what's new on this latest version.
Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination.
If the download does not begin automatically, click here.
While you download, a few facts
- Gizmo for Mac has been downloaded 2,079 times so far.
- All downloaded files are on their original form. No installers, download managers or other crappy additions are allowed.
More about Gizmo for Mac
Make all your calls from the comfort of your desktop. With Gizmo, it’s point, click, talk. For free.
Say goodbye to high price calling, and say “hello” to anyone online, anywhere on earth.
· It’s free!
· Free calls to all Gizmo users.
· Free Voicemail and Conference Calls.
· Super clear call quality.
· Inexpensive add-ons that let you make and receive calls from any mobile phone or landline.
· Added support for dual
· login allowing a secondary login to an alternate SIP gateway (like Asterisk).
· Added support for Growl notifications. This can be turned on in the Advanced panel of the Preferences window.
· Added display showing the charge for call
· out in the call list.
· Added localizations for Italian and Portuguese.
· Added menu commands to dial phone and mobile numbers directly.
· Added the ability to display release notes when a new vesion is detected.
· Added a selection for group to the buddy notification window.
· Contacts that are not known to be online will have contact list icons to show if they can be dialed at home phone, mobile phone, or via SIP protocol.
· Improvements for displaying calls to/from SIP gateways in the calls list.
· Changes so that the machine will not go idle or sleep during a call.
· The ring sound can now be any format that QuickTime supports.
· The mute button will no longer disable when a call is put on hold.
· The login window will now open to the login panel instead of create panel if there has been a previous login.
· Network quality indicators will now show four bars instead of three.
· Contacts that do not support presence (contacts that are not Gizmo or Jabber users) will display with a phone icon and not be considered offline.
· You can no longer mistakenly add yourself to the contact list.
· Fixed support for the 'Clear Chat' command.
· Fixed a bug that didn't correctly set the status back to 'On the Phone' after changing status.
· Fixed a bug that didn't properly encode some characters for inserting into the web
· based chat window.
· Fixed a bug that caused some emoticons to now parse properly.
· Fixed a bug that didn't properly clean up the application if the network environment changed while on a call.
· Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
· broadband internet
· microphone. Read more.