Allows you to overwrite any file or folder, in order to ensure that the information you throw away stays deleted. Learn what's new on this latest version.
Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination.
If the download does not begin automatically, click here.
While you download, a few facts
- Lavasoft File Shredder has been downloaded 2,271 times so far.
- Lavasoft File Shredder is available for multiple platforms (Windows XP/Vista).
- All downloaded files are on their original form. No installers, download managers or other crappy additions are allowed.
More about Lavasoft File Shredder
After you delete a file from your PC, it should be gone for good. But when you delete files, empty your Recycle Bin or even format your hard disk, most of the data is intact and recoverable. Lavasoft's File Shredder allows you to overwrite any file or folder, in order to ensure that the information you throw away stays deleted. Shred your sensitive digital files with the same certainty as you shred sensitive papers in a paper shredder. Permanently remove unwanted files and data, at home or at the office, with Lavasoft File Shredder. With convenient file selection and easy-to-use functions, Lavasoft File Shredder is a natural addition to the privacy tools you use regularly to ensure your digital security.
* Permanently remove any sensitive digital information from your computer such as Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint files, music files, videos, photos and more.
* Select a file to be shredded with a simple right-click or browse for a file or folder.
* Detect and remove "previous versions" automatically saved and hidden by Windows Vista.
* Shred everything in your recycle bin with one easy click of a button.
* Conveniently shred files by dragging and dropping them into your desktop "shredding bin".
* Shred all your temporary files left behind on your computer.
* Clean up your computing history. Use the "Shred all free space guide" to clean your computer from all old deleted files and folders that are still stored on your drives.
* Document the files that have been permanently removed with a qualitative reporting option.
* Supports the Department of Defence (DoD) shredding algorithm, using seven rounds of overwriting, as well as all other advanced standards. Read more.