ZenKEY. Instant and complete control of your PC.
More about ZenKEY
ZenKEY allows you to control all aspects of your computer via keystrokes. Using the configuration utility of the ZenKEY Wizard, you can create menus, each containing items which perform "actions". You can "fire" these actions by clicking on the item or pressing a key-combination. Using these actions, you can:
What's New: Learn more.
- Work and play on an Infinite desktop (almost)
- Move across and place program windows on an unlimited virtual desktop space.
- Open a program or a file
- These actions launch a program or open a document (with its associated application). If you launch a program that is already running, you can choose whether this program should be brought to the foreground, or whether ZenKEY should launch a new instance of it. You can also choose to launch programs automatically on ZenKEY startup.
- Control program windows
- These commands can be used to reposition program windows, to change their properties, to alter their transparency (XP and 2000 only) or even to send them to the system tray. You can tell ZenKEY whether you want the action to be performed on the currently active window (default), or whichever window is lying under the mouse cursor.
- Automatically make windows transparent
- Makes windows transparent as you switch between them. Watch inactive windows blend into the desktop.
- Iconify windows
- Replace any window with a 'live' icon (showing CPU time and memory usage), saving desktop real estate.
- Issue a Media command
- Send a special 'Windows Media' command to the computer. These can be used to play, pause or stop compatible Media players, change the system volume, bass or treble, or even open default web browsers and e-mail clients.
- Open a folder
- Open a folder in Windows explorer
- Open an Internet location
- Open an Internet resource, which can be either a website (http://), a secure website (https://) or an FTP site (File Transfer Protocol).
- Perform an Internet Search
- Perform an Internet search using almost any Search Engine
- Issue a Windows System command
- Perform operating system functions, such as shutting down your computer, starting the screen saver, opening and closing a CD door or altering the mouse pointer speed.
- Control Winamp
- From playing or pausing to changing volume, these commands allow you to comprehensively control the Winamp media player (or compatibles, such as QCD Player and STP)
- Open ZenKEY groups
- Opens any ZenKEY menu containing any other groups or actions.
- Issue Windows System commands
- Start the screen saver, open a CD Door, Restart or Shutdown Windows, compose an E-mail, or switch between tasks.
- Simulate a series of keystrokes
- Emulate a series of keystrokes, and thus automate the typing of repetitive text or the entering of passwords.
- Open a Control panel applet
- Directly open an item which appears in your control panel
- Switch between active tasks
- Allows you to move between active programs
- Perform ZenKEY actions
- These actions control ZenKEY and change its behavior.
What's New: Learn more.