PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator. PuTTY is a client program for the SSH, Telnet and Rlogin network protocols. Learn what's new on this latest version. Click here if the download does not begin automatically.
While you download, a few facts
- Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination. This file has been certified 100% clean. Tested in TechSpot labs using VirusTotal technology.
- We have curated a list of 3 alternatives to PuTTY you can check out.
- PuTTY has been downloaded 57,619 times so far.
- PuTTY is available for multiple platforms (Windows/Linux).
- All downloaded files are on their original form. No installers, download managers or other crappy additions are allowed.
More about PuTTY
In really simple terms: you run PuTTY on a Windows machine, and tell it to connect to (for example) a Unix machine. PuTTY opens a window. Then, anything you type into that window is sent straight to the Unix machine, and everything the Unix machine sends back is displayed in the window. So you can work on the Unix machine as if you were sitting at its console, while actually sitting somewhere else. Read more.
You may also be interested in...
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows.
FTP client that is used to transfer files between your computer and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers.
- Free to Try
Secure FTP, designed with automation in mind, so you do not have to spend time interactively transferring files.
- Free to Try