Driver update in Graphics Cards. Operating system support: Linux.
More about this driver
Supported Products: Learn more.
- Added support for the following GPU:
- GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
- GeForce GT 720M
- GeForce GT 735M
- GeForce GT 740M
- GeForce GT 745M
- GeForce GT 750M
- Fixed a regression that caused multiple BUG messages to be printed in the kernel log on SMP systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash when repeatedly enabling and disabling displays.
- Updated nvidia-settings to preserve the relative positioning of displays when changing from a layout where multiple displays are on the same X screen to one where the same displays span multiple X screens.
- Fixed nvidia-settings to dlopen(3) "libvdpau.so.1", rather than "libvdpau.so".
- Added nvidia-persistenced, a daemon utility, to the driver package. nvidia-persistenced can be installed to run on system startup or manually run to allow the NVIDIA kernel module to keep persistent driver state allocated when no other user-space NVIDIA driver components are running.This can improve startup time for other user-space NVIDIA driver components.
- Fixed CVE-2013-0131: NVIDIA UNIX GPU Driver ARGB Cursor Buffer Overflow
in "NoScanout" Mode. This buffer overflow, which occurred when an X client
installed a large ARGB cursor on an X server running in NoScanout mode,
could cause a denial of service (e.g., an X server segmentation fault), or
could be exploited to achieve arbitrary code execution.
- For more details, see: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3290
- Added initial support for restoration of efifb consoles on UEFI systems where the primary display is driven over VGA or TMDS (e.g. DVI, HDMI, or LVDS).
- Added support for the xorg.conf Monitor section options "Ignore",
"Enable", "Primary", and "Rotate".For example, to rotate a monitor
identified by a specific EDID hash, one could add the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
or a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d:
- Section "Monitor"
- Identifier "DPY-EDID-ee6cecc0-fa46-0c33-94e0-274313f9e7eb"
- Option "Rotate" "left"
- See the README and the xorg.conf(5) man page for more information.
- Added an Underscan feature in the nvidia-settings X Server Display Configuration page which allows the configuration of an underscan border around the ViewPortOut.This feature was formerly known as Overscan Compensation.
- Added support for application profiles to the NVIDIA client-side GLX implementation. See the "Application Profiles" chapter of the README for more information.
- Added support to nvidia-installer for crytographically signing the NVIDIA kernel module. See the "Installing the NVIDIA Driver" chapter of the README for more information.
- Added the "PanningTrackingArea" and "PanningBorder" MetaMode attributes.
- Added support for RandR 1.3 panning.
- Improved performance when the Accel option is disabled.
- Added initial support for RandR 1.4 Provider objects with the Source Output capability, which can be used to render the desktop on an NVIDIA GPU and display it on an output connected to a provider with the Sink Output capability, such as an Intel integrated graphics device or a DisplayLink USB-to-VGA adapter.See the README for details.
- Added nvidia-modprobe, a setuid root utility, to the driver package. nvidia-modprobe can be used by user-space NVIDIA driver components to make sure the NVIDIA kernel module is loaded and that the NVIDIA character device files are present.When possible, it is recommended to use Linux distribution native mechanisms for managing kernel module loading and device file creation. This utility is provided as a fallback to work out-of-the-box in a distribution-independent way.
- Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to accept display
device names, as well as optional target qualifiers, e.g.
- nvidia-settings -q [DVI-I-0]/RefreshRate
- nvidia-settings -q [GPU-1.DVI_I-1]/RefreshRate
- Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to no longer assume the "X screen 0" target, when no target is specified in query and assign operations.Instead, all valid targets of the attribute are processed.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred when destroying a GLX window but not its associated X window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to fail to delete directories created as part of a previous installation.
- Updated nvidia-installer to report failures to remove installed files or restore backed up files with a single warning message, instead of a separate message for each individual failure.
- Improved the performance of modesets in cases where the mode timings remained the same, but other parameters of the mode configuration, such as the ViewPort or panning domain, changed.
- Fixed an issue with RENDER convolution filters.The driver will no longer normalize filter kernels before accelerating them.
- Improved debuggability of the NVIDIA OpenGL libraries by including proper stack unwinding information on all supported architectures.
- Updated the dkms.conf file and the makefile for the NVIDIA Linux kernel module to allow DKMS installations on systems with separate source and output directories.
- Fixed a bug that caused RENDER Pictures to be sampled incorrectly when using nearest filtering in some cases.
- Added support for the RandR "Border" and "BorderDimensions" Output properties, which can be used to configure the ViewPortOut of an RandR output.This is functionally equivalent to the "ViewPortOut" MetaMode token.
- Fixed a bug where RRGetCrtcInfo could report incorrect size information when an RandR output has a custom ViewPortIn.
- Further improve performance of some versions of HyperMesh with Quadro GPUs.
- Added a VDPAU page to the nvidia-settings control panel, to display information about the decoding capabilities of VDPAU-capable GPUs.
- Added support for dynamic mode management through RandR, e.g. via the --newmode, --rmmode, and --delmode options in xrandr(1).
- Increased the number of pages that are shareable across multiple processes in the x86 build of libnvidia-glcore.so, by reducing its R_386_PC32 relocation count.
- Fixed a bug that caused XVideo applications to receive BadAlloc errors after VT switches and mode switches that occurred while a composite manager was running.
- Removed the X driver's support for "CursorShadow".
- Updated nvidia-installer to attempt unprelinking files whose checksums do not match the checksums recorded at installation time.
- Switched .run package compression from gzip to xz.This provides a higher level of compression.
Supported Products: Learn more.