Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a computer,

Mobo- A8n-SLI
CPU- AMD atholon 64 3700+
HD- Raptor 74 gb
CD drives- 2 DvD rw (used from old computer) perfect conditin
Video card-nvidia 7900GT 265mb

I built it all up and turned it all on. I had no OS disk at the time so i just shut it off and minded my own buisnes. then later that day i realised that me PSU was a 420wt and the minimmum for that graphics card was 400. so i went to the store and got a 600w SLI ready PSU. Reconected all the cables and what not, turned it on and seemed to work fine. a day later i noticed that the drives would not oppen. dinked around for a bit and couldnt figure it out. Every thing seems to be in order. the only thing that i could think of is bad IDE cable, but nope it is fine D:

PLZ help

Try the drives with no IDE cable attached - they have to open like that. If they don't, try them in another computer.

Are you sure the master/slave jumpers are set properly?

Re:

Yeah the jumpers are corect.
i just tryed with no IDE and it turned on. how do i get it to work with ide cables in. could my mobo b messed up. what should i do now, because my windows media center comes from newegg tommorow

ty.

It is either a misconfiguration (jumpers), a bad IDE cable, a bad optical drive or a bad IDE controller. You just have to rule out possibilities.

Are you sure the IDE cable is OK?
Are you sure the jumpers are OK? If you are using the 80-wire IDE cable, then it does matter which plug goes where.
Try plugging the optical drives into the other IDE channel. Try the drives one by one.

DOA motherboard is a possibility indeed. If you can't make a single drive work on either of the IDE channels, then you do have a problem. You haven't turned off IDE controller in BIOS or suchlike, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back