gta san andreas installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi

i have gta sa dvd, it runs and installs perfectly on my laptop dvd rom, but is causing problems on my computers dvd rom,the disk is detected but autorun does not run, and i cant start the setup manually.all other dvds are running perfectlly,only this one is causing problem.

Hi

Can you right click the drive in explorer and choose "Autoplay"?, can you read the files under Explorer? is there a setup or install file and what happens when you click on it, is your PC up to the specs to play the game ?

It might be that the DVD drive is an older model or just getting defunct and doesnt read all brands of DVD,

Regards

Can you open the GTA:SA CD folder?

If you can you could go to Control Panel > Add & Remove programs > Then go to Add programs and put the setup.exe ( or Install.exe, what ever the install files is called ) and try to install it that way?

Also what myC600 said about your DVD drive being old might be true

Check on the bottom of your GTA:SA's box ( or where ever the system requirements for it are ) and look to see if it needs something like "24x or Faster CD-ROM drive" then try to find what speed your drive's speed is, if it is lower then the game wont be able to work on your system

Also what are the specs of your computer and what OS does it use ( Windows XP, 98, ME, 2000 )

Welcome to CRC error club :D. i faced same problem with my original game disk.
it would install flawlessly on my cousin's laptop but refused to do so on my desktop PC, but other DVD ran fine.

REASON::: it showed CRC error when trying to copy, so better clean the Drive well.

My problem solved after i cleaned the DVD drive (my dvd drive brand->NEC a2100). i used a DVD lens cleaner & Vaccum cleaner to blow of possible dust accumulation.

If u still have problem installing thru DVD, try to copy all the contents of the GAME Disk to a Folder (hdd), & install thru that folder.

If u still have problem installing thru DVD, try to copy all the contents of the GAME Disk to a Folder (hdd), & install thru that folder.

Hmm... Would that work? I might have to try that one day ;)

TimeParadoX said:
Hmm... Would that work? I might have to try that one day ;)

It does work yes, all my game disks are copied to the game server at home, so that when the kids want to play they just map to the folder and run the install file, it stops them damaging/losing the original disks, they then use a NOCD file (yes its legal if you own the original disk so no edits please) and off they go.

Most games just check the disk is in the drive at startup and once your playing you can remove it.

Regards

How do you make a No CD file? Because I got games like BF2142 and Qauke and I keep losing the CDs to them because my room is really messy :haha:

^^use Game Jackal

Play all your favorite games without inserting a single cd!
Using your game's original CD or DVD, create a Game Jackal profile that enables you to play your favourite games directly from the hard drive... CD-Free! Once a profile has been created the CD or DVD can then be put away for safe keeping, protecting your gaming investment for years to come and ensuring hunting for and inserting a game’s disc is a thing of the past.

TimeParadoX said:
How do you make a No CD file? Because I got games like BF2142 and Qauke and I keep losing the CDs to them because my room is really messy :haha:

You can download them from sites like nocd.com and gamecopyworld.com, but again I stress you must own the original or else you are breaking copyright laws, unfortunately many people use the site to get cracks for illegally copied games, actually it suprises me that they havent been closed down as in a way they promote piracy.

As for making one,,,, well you need to be able to reverse engineer the EXE file that kicks off the game, looking for the point in the code where it checks for the CD in the drive then alter it to accept the fact its not there rather than go to the error of "please insert correct disk" message you commonly see.

Not something I can do, as you need to be able to speak HEX...talking of which see this thread....

Regards

as you need to be able to speak HEX

I got a few Text-Hex converters so I guess I could do it..

unfortunately many people use the site to get cracks for illegally copied games

I dont illegaly do stuff because my friend did that and they took his computers away ;)

I'll try and do what you said about reverse engineering the EXE file to try and run it without CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back