Ibm thinkpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
please advise

i have ibm thinkpad, i brought 4 years bak, not given any trouble.
but recently when i start the screen going black. cpu is running, window logo is coming then it is going dark. iam very much frustated. please help me

It's time to take the ThinkPad in to be repaired. It could be a failing LCD display or LCD backlight... Or possibly a bad internal cable or connection

hello Tmagic650
iam thankful for your analysis. can u tell me how i have to proceed. already i called expert, he told it is due to failure of back light and lcd to be replaced and the cost is like new laptop. iam totally in frustation. is it so cost?

What is the ThinkPads model or part number? I imagine that you are not in the US are you? An LCD inverter is not that expensive and backlights cost $10. These pieces can be replaced separately from the LCD panel. It's the entire LCD panel assembly that costs a lot

cmrao, can you tell me the model of your thinkpad?
can you see some image on the LCD display without backlight?
is the external display show some picture?

lamo,
I've asked the model too. If there is a faint image on the LCD panel, the back light is bad, if there is no image at all, the inverter is bad. An external monitor should desplay fine in this case. If an external monitor shows no display, the laptops motherboard is bad

tmagic650, but if laptop boots in windows, this is videochip faulty in 90% cases. especially on T40/41 thinkpads with radeon7500(especially in sandwich configuration:)) without heatsink.

thank u lamo and Tmagic650
this is ibm thinkpad R31, processor is p3 and os is win xp. i tested with external monitor, but the result is the same. there is no image at all. totally black. but when it is starting it is showing the window logo running, if i press delete button i can go to bios set up. all these can see, but after booting it is going dark.

If you can press F8 and get into the menu for startup options, select VGA mode and see if the video returns in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back