New AMD2500+ What temp is normal with no o/clocking???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve B

Just rebuilt PC, new Mboard, HDD & CPU. Running 2500+AMD with the Heatsink & fan that came with it. gets to 64deg C when working. is this normal? Whats it's max Temp? We're going into winter here so it's only 20deg C or so during the day.

Any info appreciated...

That is a bit hot even for a system on full load. What does your case ventilation consist of ?

I'd say you're fine as long as the CPU stays below 70C but if you're in winter & it's that high, you might want to optimise the airflow inside the case a bit more.

Mine is running a little warm currently around 50C, but I"m running seti 100% of the time.
When I didn't run it, I was around 35C and full load playing games at 57C or so.

64 degrees in not too hot under full load. I ran my 2100+ at over 60 degrees for over a year almost solid so those temps will not damage your system as long as they dont get any higher. Still anything over 50 is a bit high, especially if that is the temp reported from the motherboard and not the internal CPU diode (add about 10 degrees to get internal temps). Aslong as the internal temp does not go over 80 then nothing will break but anything near there is uncomfortably walm.

My 2500+ (w/ Zalman CNPS 7000a-CU and 4 case fans) runs at up to 50 internal/40 socket under full seti load and thats with a 30 degree case ambient and a 24 degree room ambient.

Steg

what is your cpu core voltage??. mine sits at about 1.714v is yours higher run a cpu utility prog that will use 100% of your cpu and monitor your temps. see if you can clean up your air flow in your case. can you clean up your cables in your pc anymore. do you have a positive air flow??. i mean in at the front and side and out at the back and top. just my $0.02

May I suggest the Aero 7+ from coolermaster. I also have the 2500+ cpu and mine sits at around 34C at full load, no kidding either. to me, that is very impressive air cooling, and it has 2 case fans in the box as well, so if your using stock, find a thin fin heatsink, that will help your hot solution quite a bit.

The Collermaster Areo Lite Aluminum heatsink for the AMD CPU is well built even with the included Thermal interface material.

But the copper one only drops the temperature about 2-3C for 15 bucks more.

I personally use the Coolermaster for all my clients because the stock heatsink is always around high 40s when idle and 50s when at load and the coolermaster keeps the processor always below 40c even on a hot day.

But if you want to drop the temp 3-4C then take off the included Thermal interface and put some nanotherm or arctic silver on it.

My 2100+ ran at 67C after a tech store installed a replacement MB (due to failure). I bought some Arctic Silver thermal paste and reapplied my heatsink. Temperature dropped to 46C with a new max at 49C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back